Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Bathroom

Shop Bathroom

I am putting a bathroom in my shop and need to tie the line into the septic system. My installer left me a "t" at the septic system to tie in. My question is does anyone know what size line I need from the toilet to the septic. I've heard 3 inch but don't know. This bath won't be used that much. Because of the elevation I also need to put a sump pump in for the line. If anyone has done this or has knowledge you comments would be appreciated.

Re: Shop Bathroom

Don't know about the pump but 3" is the standard around here. If you go to big there is to much room for the liquids to flow past with out pushing the solids. To small and………à ¢â‚¬Â¦we won't go there. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

MarkV

3" is min. here in Oklahoma. What size is the T ?

Gary

My bathroom in my barn is 3".

Thats what I'm doing today, digging to the "T" and measuring it. I'm a rookie at all this, the good news is I do have a retired master plumber thats going to do the actual work, unfortunately he's traveling this week. Thanks for the help from everyone.

Let me add a little kink to the deal. The connection coming out of the shop is 3". The "T" at the septic tank is 2" and all of the sump pumps that I have looked at have 2" connections. I"m thinking of doing a 3" to 2" reducer at the toilet and just running 2" all the way to the "T". Anybody think this might be a problem. As I said earlier, this won't be used very much. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I'm surprised that the installer left a 2" tee for the bathroom connection - I have never seen anything less than 3" for anything that services a toilet. I've also got a bathroom w/shower plus an extra hand sink at the workbench area in my shop. The bathroom is a 3" main line, with the hand sink line 2".
    Just a suggestion, but I would remove the 2" tee on the main sewer line (I'm assuming that the main sewer line is 3") and install the proper size tee. I really don't know if you can get by with a 2" line from the bathroom, but I doubt it.
    Nick

I'd put in a separate septic system before I messed with a pump. Use a distribution box for a tank and lay out 80' of perf pipe and forget about it, unless you have strict code enforcement.

<<<<Just a suggestion, but I would remove the 2" tee on the main sewer line (I'm assuming that the main sewer line is 3") and install the proper size tee.>>>>

As Chevdog stated you should remove the smaller tee and go with the proper size to match the main line. Here in Maryland the plumbing inspector made me put in 4 inch line from the barn to the septic. Of course only after I bought about 100 feet of 3 inch PVC. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Next time NO PERMIT! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Does anybody know what slope is required for a sewer line to the septic?