Thread: Lookie here

Lookie here

Tractor Supply is having a sale.... And look what I just bought [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Lawn Tractor

Even comes with a cup holder and cruise... They even threw in a free Metal cart [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Lookie here

I have to admit that I am very impressed with this mower. It sure made short order of cutting the lawn.
    Even though it say Huskee on the side.. it is a MTD mower [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

The only 2 gripes I have with it is the clutch is very tight. It has a electric clutch and when I engage it... Its like right now.. I would think a little slipage would ease the stress [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] Hopefully it will ease up in time.
    2nd is the clutch will disengage the blades when I shift in or out of reverse. From talking to my next door neighbor, his John Deere is setup the same way. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

All and all I think its a good buy so far... a 26 hp 54" cut for $2800. (Best deal I've seen)

Re: Lookie here

I'd have disconnected the PTO/reverse safety feature before I ever fired up the motor. PTO clutches can't take that kind of abuse.

Take it slow and easy letting that wide deck do all the work. The mark of an experience lawn equipment operator is keeping the entire cutter width in un-mown grass at least 80% of the time even in a moderately obstacled lawn resulting in a better looking finished product and less wear/tear on the lawn and the equipment. Go fast and you'll be lucky to get 60% efficiency, not finish any faster, and spend much more time replacing broken parts.