Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fence Post advice

Re: Fence Post advice

The covers are like you described but only 5 foot long. The part that goes on the ground doesn't get covered. They cost about $5 each and you only need them on the corner posts. The ones that cover the t posts are also about $5 each so it does add quite a bit to the cost but the end result looks pretty good. The tape can be spliced easily, they sell a little wire buckle that you can use to connect two pieces. Personally I'd really like the coated high tensile wire but those decisions get left to my wife since I just hep with the horses. The nice thing with the high tensile is you can get away with pretty wide post spacings (25-30 foot). The link provided with the carbon impregnated coated wire looked pretty interesting, haven't seen that yet!

Thanks for the info, I have just gotten 30 4X4 X 8 PT posts and boy are they nice. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] They are straight and have a lifetime warranty on them. The sawyer wanted $4.30 for untreated Hemlock, and Lowes/HD wanted $4.97 for the PT stuff. I figure that 10% more for the posts is cheap, if I don't have to do this fence over again in 10 Years [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I hooked up the post hole digger that I bought last year for my Kubota 2710, and I am so happy with the way it has peformed so far. It was the one that TSC carries, so it is not heavy duty, but works great for me. I have only done 3 holes, but it cuts the holes great, and brings the rocks up just fine. All this rain has helped when taking the old posts out, and getting the new ones in. I have taken some before pictures, and will take some during, and some after I am done. (that will probably be in the fall, at the rate that I am going [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] )

I have to just keep chipping away at it, and realize that it is going to last me a long time, and add value to the property. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> The sawyer wanted $4.30 for untreated Hemlock, and Lowes/HD wanted $4.97 for the PT stuff. I figure that 10% more for the posts is cheap </font color>

Looks like you figure it was cheap at an extra 15% or so, too. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]