Thread: Pour on Ivermectin

Pour on Ivermectin

Has anyone tried the pour on Ivomec on their cattle foe parasite control? If so how is it used exactly. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Pour on Ivermectin

Yes it works very well. It comes with a measurer on the top of the bottle. You just squeeze out how much you need for the weight of the cow and pour it along the back on the spine. Piece of cake to do.

Thanks for the info CowboyDoc

CoyboyDoc, Piece of cake? ONe of my neighbors BIG cows comes up like it wants to be petted then tries to kick you and will succeed if yo aren't wise to her. Pour on is interesting to apply to her. My freind tries to keep another animal between him and the trouble cow. He reaches over the one to pour on the other. I sugested one of those kiddie toy water shooting rifles. They shoot quite a ways.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Well my personal opinion is if you don't have a chute system no way in heck I'd have cattle.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    if you don't have a chute system no way in heck I'd have cattle

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it's just an old milk cow or just a few animals raised as pets. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Some of the range cattle have given me enough trouble even with a chute. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Some of the range cattle have given me enough trouble even with a chute.

Oh man the stories I could tell about range cattle. You'd have to be suicidal to attempt to work range cattle without a chute. When we have to doctor cattle out on the range you've got two choices. One is you rope them and find a tree to run them to and tie them up. You've got to be pretty careful though. In my younger days I'd jump off and have the cow chase me around the tree until they ran out of rope and snubbed themselves. Anymore I'll just trip 'em. I like working on them alot better half knocked out than trying to take my head off!! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

A few years ago, my youngest brother spent one day helping me and a neighbor vaccinate and brand a few, using an old worn out portable chute and a temporary corral made from the cattle panels. My brother says the only way he'll work cattle again is with a 30-30. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

only way he'll work cattle again is with a 30-30.

Funny you should say that Bird. There have been a couple years where my Grandpa or my Uncle had enough with a certain cow or bull and they shot them on the spot. We'd haul 'em up to the meat shack and start the butchering. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey Doc,

Somewhere I read that Ivermectin kills dung beetle larvae. Knowing from another post that you would like to encourage dung beetles, as would I, I wonder if you've tussled with this issue.
    Doug
    Don't let the cows chase you too much.