Thread: T-post

T-post

Okay, I'm a newbie to using t-posts in fencing. Although I'd rather use wood line posts, the high density of roots makes it hard to get wood in at spots on my propery especally when I'm doing emergency repairs.

How do you connect the wire (barbed or field fence) to the t-posts. It just has bumps on it.

Thanks,
    Roger
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills

Re: T-post

The same place that you buy your T-posts from sells T-post clips:

They're just pre-formed bits of galvanized wire which hook onto your fence wire and go neatly around the post where you give them another half-twist to lock them on. One size fits all. Oh -- and the bumps on your post just keep the clips from sliding up or down.

I ain't no expert, but I had the exact same question not too long ago. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Harv's exactly right. You can also use a piece of wire and just wrap over that bump in front and tie in the back if you don't have the clips. Everyplace I buy the t-posts from you usually get the clips with the posts.

The last clips I bought came from Home Depot in bags of 50, they're back by the fencing and supplies. I also grabbed a driver there (under $20). Those clips are made out of really stiff wire, so make sure you have a pair of heavy duty pliers. If you plan to run a strand of electric, you can get insulators specially made for the posts.

Steve