Thread: Glass shower enclosure

Glass shower enclosure

I have a strange problem... I have a stain on my shower glass that will not clean off. The stain is on one pane of glass, not all of them. It looks like a white hard water stain, but I can't get it off!! I have tried a razor blade, lysol glass cleaner, CLR, etc... Nothing removes it! At first I thought it was residue from a sticker since it showed up after 4 months in the new house. Now I am considering replacing the glass... What in the world can get on glass and not come off?

Joe R.

Re: Glass shower enclosure

I don't know what it might be but have a couple suggestions you might try before replacing the glass. Try going over it with a very fine (like '0000') steel wool. If that doesn't work, contact a company in your area that specializes in insurance restoration work. These guys have seen it all and if they can't cure the problem, then call the glazier and ask him. If he's stumped, too, have him replace it.

Are you sure its on the surface? If its safety glass it could be a problem with the internal layer. Could be 'etched' too.

Yes it is safety glass! Required by state law for showers... Interesting thought. I need to find the installer....

Thanks,

Joe