Thread: Birds vs. Cherry crop

Birds vs. Cherry crop

Great discovery this season! 6 1/2' diameter "wind-wheels", 3-bladed, mast-mounted BIRD REPELLERS (from Gone With The Wind Kites - gwtw-kites.com) are working. Thought I'd try these decorative yard toys to frighten the robbin' robins and other featherzoid cherry bandits. Looking at 50-60% improvement in bing and royal anne harvest compared with last season. Other contributing items were 2 life-like owls mounted on 16' poles. This pair of hooters are magnificent repellers without a doubt. Appreciate any info on other bird frighteners that work...

Re: Birds vs. Cherry crop

You should see what airports go through to keep birds away! They have a grenade type launcher that propels a "bird bomb" into the air. It goes up about 80-120 feet into the air and explodes. Very loud! It is my understanding, that this device was originally made for agricultural use to scare birds... I know a friend of mine owns one, but I do not know if there is special licensing issues... It does work!

Joe

JoeR... great picture. Did you take that yourself?
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Yes I took that one... I have another funnel cloud picture I took post on my personal website... www.n4ziq.com

The funny part is the NWS never issued a severe storm warning for any of them?? I guess doppler radar only registers F3 or better tornados...

Joe

Awesome!!! I've always wanted to photgraph one. That's about as close as I would want to be to one. The no warning by the NWS part shows that only one person knows where and when tornadoes will strike....
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!