Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: greenhouse growers

Re: greenhouse growers

I thought i would revisit my old post [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] To do a little update for those interested in greenhouse growing. My 26x48 greenhouse came about 2 weeks ago. Now that my wifes 40th birthday party and the holiday weekend of camping is over im starting to put it up. I have the 4 corner post in the ground tonight. All the contents we perfectly boxed and shipped. It looks like real good quality also. Im real impressed the quality allready. The directions have a little to be desired though, but the mechanically inclined would have no problem. The electrics are very basic too. Basicly they all say "have a qualified tech wire everything. If you can dabble in basic home wireing this wont be a problem either. I have allready burried power to the site a month ago. I plan on mounting a water proof breaker box to a post inside. With seperate breakers to the furnace,lights,fans,GFI plugs and water pump system. I will also put two 4x4 post in the ground to support the furnace. I could go on and on about my plans so far and my goals, but i wont bore ya all right now. Some have said post on how it goes so h [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ere i am
    Larry

Hope everything continues to go smoothly as you put it up. How about some pictures as get it erected.

I will do some pictures as i get alittle further. Not much sence in taking a picture of a lone pole sticking out of the ground. I will do some pictures of each stage for those interested. Thanks for the feedback, Larry

But, Larry...
    That lone pole in the ground is THE start!!!
    You gotta take pictures of "the start" of projects and "the end" of projects....
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Hi Neighbor,

Let us know when the seeds are plants and the chief gardener and I will pay you a visit. Jane raises a lot of her own plants but every year we make the green house tour to find new plants to add to the gardens.

Tim

Ok, almost time for a few pictures [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] All the ground posts are in and all the rafters are installed. Just a few purlins left and i will take a few pictures. Then i have to install treated 2x8's at ground level on the sides and back fill. Lay down the ground cover and level the floor off with about 3" of stone dust. After that put the ends up and install all the electrics. They are the heating,cooling,water pump,fans and a few GFI plugs. I still got a long way to go. I still have to build all my grow benches [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I have more research to do with that on the best options. Sorry no pictures as of yet but i really havent had time to mess with it. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Soon though!
    Larry

>> I still have to build all my grow benches

I've seen a lot of benches decked with expanded metal. It seems to work real well. It's strong enough to support the weight and also drains real well.

I am a greenhouse grower and nurseryman with several years experience. If I can be of help e-mail me as my typing and spelling don't allow me to respond to all your questions. Mac

I have two rolls of expanded metal for the tops. One is 36"x100' long the other is 48"x100' long. I bought it to top my growing benches with. I looking into utilizing my space best. So much to learn so little time.
    Larry

Here is a couple pictures of my progress so far. Keep in mind im about doing it by myself in my spare time. All i have done are the rafters in place and the side base boards on. I finished boxing in my old well to the house that will be my water supply. Im going to bring the pump setup from the house and mount it over the well. Its is a great well and should be the perfect water supply for me. Monday at 7am i will be at our local stone pit to get a few load of stone dust. I got my DADS 3 ton dump trailor hooked on my pickup truck now....)-thank you DAD [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] My dad just got some stone for his driveway and i got his scrapings for my first load to fill some low spots before the stone dust. I will have to get about 7 loads of stone dust to complete the floor. Around 6am i will finish putting down the ground cover. Lots of raking to do tomarrow [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] After i put the ends on i will take more pictures. Larry