Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pool deck with lights

new pool deck with lights

Hi all!
    I just wanted to share the deck i built on the pool this year. We had the pool installed last year in september. The kids swam twice then it was time to close it. It never came close to the temp i want to swim in [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] All went well with start up this year then it was time to put the deck up. Took me about 3 weeks to build it. There is a bridge that i connected to a 14x14 deck that is connected to the house. Built by previous owner. That now needs all new railing. I installed lights on the new part also. Recessed lights in the steps from the bridge down to the pool deck. The wife is satisfied with it and thats allways a plus [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If ya would like check out the pics i uploaded. The first one is the pool just after installation last year in September.
    Larry

Re: new pool deck with lights

The deck

more deck

The lights

More lights

Looks nice! Good job.

Thanks Wiltat2. This morning i went and got the materials for the rest of the railing on the older part. What a treat that was. Most of the lumber company around here have nothing but junk wood. I ended up going to three different stores to spend only 200.00 thats how bad its getting. Home depot had the best again.

looks like a nice job. Hope it gets warm enough for you to get some "wet time" in.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Thank you, and we have had wet time. This week was a cool spell, but its suppose to heat back up next week. The kids will swim in any temp water so the pool still gets used when its cooler out.
    Larry

Pools are a mess unless you join them to your house with a deck. I like the way you radiused the deck boards instead of running them all straight, adds geometry.

We've had a 24' round that's on its 18th year and starting to rust out pretty bad. When it blows out I'll replace it within the week. My whole family runs around in swimsuits all day from the end of school still the start.

Couple of years ago my son had an outrageous bicycle crash on a gravel road and came home bloody from head to toe. I super-chlorinated the pool and jumped in with him. He had a particularly nasty scrape on his shoulder filled with gravel and dirt I had him hold up to the return jet and blast it out good. Then we stayed in the pool for about an hour. His abrasions healed up quicker an cleaner than I'd ever dreamed and this has become the routine for any scrapes suffer.