Thread: Easy Set pools

Easy Set pools

Does anybody know if these are any good?

Easy Set Pool

Do they last or do they leak soon after setting them up?

Re: Easy Set pools

We just put one up a couple of weeks ago (forced me to use my backhoe to level the spot a bit... darn it). Can't tell you about the long term durability but so far it seems fine. Definitely better than the old inflatable we used to get and throw away regularly. Obviously, the big advantage is the filter and the ability to keep it filled throughout the season. You'll have to invest in some chemicals and test kits if you intend to do that. I was surprised to see green water the other day but some algicide cleaned that right up. There are chemicals made for vinyl pools so they don't attack the printed on designs. I learned that the hard way... oh well.

For the money, I sure am happy with ours. Kids love it [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Rob - They seem like a good lower cost way of having an above ground pool. They're appearing in back yards all over my area, so I may stop at a few houses and ask them how they like theirs. What size did you get? Did you get yours at Walmart? Right now the kids are playing in a 8' pool with those plastic sides (nothing to blow up, but they're flimsy), so room is limited.

Danny Check out this pool forum. Hope it helps.

http://www.poolforum.com/

We have a Splash Pool and love it.

http://www.splashpools.com/

Just my personal 2 cents but, you cant beat the good old regular 24' round above ground pool. our new one we just got was 2800.00 installed and if you take care of it right it will last 15-20 years. The chemicals to keep it right are not real expensive either. I dont allow any jewlery at all in the pool or any hourse play that could damage it. Our last house we had a 18' round for 5 years before we sold the house and that pool was still going strong. The bigger pool holds heat better also, along with a 24 round the chemicals stay more stable longer. In the end ya really got something to swim in also. I enjoy swimming so mabey thats why i dont mind springing just a bit [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] The money ends up being the deck when you say small and it ends up HUGE [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

hi mosey i have had one for 3 years kids love it. i use it sometimes after a hot day of tractor work a great cool off [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] easy to set up and maintain we take it down in winter and store it is just the right size for younger kids 9-12 years not too deep
    EDT

We have a 10 foot Easy Set that we bought last year. We love it and for the money (about $80) it was worth it. Now for the problems: I didn't level properly and had to take it down and relevel. I took it down for winter and put back up this year. The pump went out. Replacements start at $40 (for my size), if you can find one. I couldn't and bought an off brand for $20. They don't sell parts and all I needed was the impeller. Last week my kid said "there's something poking through floor." I got in and noticed a grass sprig had grown through about 3 inches. I left it but broke it off.

So for $100 plus the chlorine cost, the kids have had two years of wet fun. I can't complain. I wish we had bought a bigger one. I haven't gone the large aboveground pool yet because we plan on putting in an inground. However, we haven't got the money for one yet...

I would get the pool. But level, level and level. I've heard of people putting plywood down. I'm not sure about this but I would definitely spend money on the ground tarp they have for the size you are looking at. Maybe a load of sand if your soil isn't "clean" enough.

<font color="blue"> I didn't level properly and had to take it down and relevel </font color>

Similar problem with ours though it was level to start with. We had a lot of rain recently and the water washing by eroded one side of the pool. Now it's got a case of the sags [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Still holds water but looks bad so we'll probably drain it and start over. Other than that, I'd still say it's been a great value [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

I left out the part about leaving the water on one night topping it off. Washed out under one side. It's a bit unlevel but I will leave for the season.