Thread: I'm getting this on TBN

I\'m getting this on TBN

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 35

Warning: error_log(/home/tractorb/tractorbynet.com/logs/20030715_mysql.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 200
    SQL ERROR: Tue, Jul 15 2003 07:50:34 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 104

Warning: error_log(/home/tractorb/tractorbynet.com/logs/20030715_mysql.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 200
    SQL ERROR: Tue, Jul 15 2003 07:50:35 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 130

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 104

SQL ERROR: Tue, Jul 15 2003 07:50:35 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tractorb/htdocs/forums/mysql.inc.php on line 130

HOME DISCUSSIONS ARTICLES SPECS REVIEWS CLASSIFIEDS DEALERS STORE

Featured Dealer:

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: I\'m getting this on TBN

This happens when the back end database (in this case mySQL) runs out of connections. The first error message is the only one that really matters, because once the webserver can't connect to the database all the other subqueries die a horrible death.

Happens once in a while on any popular website. TBN is darn busy most of the time and occasionally gets overrun. BTW, I think TBN and CBN are sharing some resources because once in a while they both choke up on me. No biggie and it'll get fixed pretty quick. Probably nothing wrong on your end.

Administrator

Hi Chris,

You are correct as to the reason for the erros. However, we at TBN/CBN (shared server) about a week ago tripled our system RAM, installed new harddrives, and made several others tweaks --- which should have ended these errors for the time being (until we double in size again).

If you see those kinds of errors, please copy them to me, or Muhammad, and we'll look into it.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

Hi Hakim,

I'll let you and / or Muhammad know if I see them again. It is just a testament to the success of these boards that you get the condition at all! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You guys do a great job and I think I speak for many when I say that we really appreciate the work you do...Chris

Administrator

Thanks Chris. It's the members who make these the best boards in the world. We're just the humble caretakers.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

I knew what it was as I'm also a computer programmer/web developer and I've written more than my share of SQL. But at that point in time there were several upgrades/problems going on that I thought it was important as it was about the time of the TBN meltdown of 2003.