Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utility trailer anti-theft ideas needed.

Re: Utility trailer anti-theft ideas needed.

A CLAYMORE mine would also suffice.

Egon

Pat,

You're full of evil ideas! I love it!

de WØGOM
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Egon, Claymore??? I think blowing up the trailer by your own actions ranks right up there with having it stolen but worse since it is not likely covered by insurance. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Gary, One of my very good friends, recently deceased, was for a while in the OSI "dept of dirty tricks" and used to regale me with authentic war stories which served to "prime my pump." He was a great American, ex B-17 tail gunner, PI, fireman, homicide investigator, ham operator (donated vault and antenna space and electricity to local repeater groups in his several commercial sites and was a generous contributor to those needing a helping hand.)

His stories plus my active (some say overactive) imagination and I can go on and on and on.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

A friend of mine is a former police officer who developed a device specifically for different kinds of trailers to prevent trailer theft. It's kind of cool that it actually goes around the trailer coupler. He told me that trailer theft is a huge billion dollar a year industry and it's not so much the trailers as the contents.

He also gave me some tips for around Christmas time to never put boxes on your curve so that prospective theives can see the goodies you got for Christmas. Rather cut the boxes up or destroy them, as thieves are always looking for their next easy target.

Hope that helps.

Charles

By the way if want to check my friends trailer theft prevention website, his name is Bill Disher and his website is The Industry Leader in Trailer Security.

Lo-jack for cars also makes one for trailers. The police can triangulate the signal and find stolen trailers inside buildings...

We have a little 5 X 8 box trailer with high sides and nice racks inside for the tie-downs. I would hate to have to duplicate it so what I do is unpin the tilt bed mechainsm and leave it tilted. Then I have a piece that fits between the trailer body and the tongue such that the trailer is in dump position and cannot be leveled to tow it away. I have two of those receiver hitch pin locks that hold the anti-theft piece in place.
    CJDave