Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Budgeted Barn costs

Re: Another \"steep\" qoute

Hold on now. If you're talking about siding the sides and roof that's a whole other story!!!! What most of us are talking about is a pole barn with metal sheeting. If you are going to build this like a house then heck yes you are going to be up at the $32/sq. foot range. A pole barn is about 1/4 of the materials and 1/4 the labor of something like you're talking about.

When I asked for qoutes I asked the contractors to provide two or three ideas...most came back with one, usually very pricey option.

Metal, T111, rough cut are all fine by me. I just need a simple stall barn without electric or water. For what its worth 1 contractor said the additional price to add vinyl siding was 5k. Not much on a total cost of 50k plus.

Last night I got a another qoute of 34k for a 36x60 wood barn with 10 stalls, dutch doors, windows, sliding door. As I figure it, 2k for site work, 5k for doors, 10k for stalls, 17k for the barn.

At least I am getting in the ballpark of reasonable. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

>10k for stalls

This is not unreasonable for nice stalls, but they should be nice (especially the hardware and grills (welded & powder coated)) for this price. No cheapo cannon ball sliders either.