Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bad week

A bad week

ex LTD convertible

Looks like I got some work ahead of me. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Re: A bad week

That tree might be telling you something! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to see that, Paul. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Maybe once you get moved in, things will straighten out.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Be glad no one was in it.

Steve

Thanks guys. Have not had the guts yet to look. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Plus, I have been a little busy moving to have much clean up time. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

You might be surprised and find that it's not as bad as it looks. Keep your fingers crossed. I had a 30' leafed out branch fall on my workshop roof several years ago and the leaves and small branches spread the load enough so that no damage was done. I even got a chainsaw out of it as the branch was ~8" in diameter and I needed to turn it into firewood to get it off the roof.

Trees fall all the time, I'm suprised they don't do more damage, folks hate to clear them back far enough to prevent this kind of occurance. So far they have snapped my power pole, and beat up my porch roof. Took out the power line once, but it was on the electric company's side of the transformer, so that didn't cost me anything except so gas for the generator. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer

Well, I finly had time to cut up some wood. First one? The car killer. Got it all cut up, and pulled the car cover off the car.... Almost NO damage at all! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

The only damage on the front was the front part of the hood. The under frame of the hood was weak with some ruct and just folded. Grill, and rad suport are fine. The top frame is pretty bent up, but parts of that were already bad, and I have a replacement. So now, I am trying to fire it up, so I can move it up to the house, and out of the field.
    Paul Bradway

Glad to hear that the car did pretty well after taking on the tree. The winds this year have been really bad and there are a lot of trees down in our area too.

OH YA!

We have trees everywere. It does not help that a nabor did some logging this year, and opended up the woods a bit to wind that it had never seen before.
    Paul Bradway