Thread: First crop!

First crop!

Just pulled the first produce out of my garden this weekend. 3 green peppers. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Looks like the maters are going to be ready soon also. Lots of them, but there still green. Nothing else yet getting ready, but there coming along good. This is my first shot at a real garden, so it's nice to see SOMETHING come out of it. [becides weeds [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] , oh, wait, there still there growing [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ]
    Paul Bradway

Re: First crop!

Good for ya'll, Paul! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Is it time to change the "soon to be Niverville" yet??? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

So far, lots of summer squash, peas, beans, onions, carrots, radishes and lots of cucumbers.

<font color="red">Is it time to change the "soon to be Niverville" yet???

</font color>

Done. Tanks. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sitting here right now, watching the sun come up over the back yard, and garden. It's good to be home. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[WOW! I REALY need to weed that garden. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I'm slacking big time]
    Paul Bradway

You got a pretty good haul going there dumbdog. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Just peppers for me. I am ALMOST ready for some maters. TONS of them, still green though. Everything else is growing REAL good, just no frut yet. Soon I hope. [though weeding may help. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] ]
    Paul Bradway

Now I'm hungry!!!

Egon

Just think, Paul.... [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Next year you can spend more time gardening and tinkering and not have to worry about building a house. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Lets hope so Fivestring. Realy I would just like this heat, and humidty to break a little. I work for 20min and am soaked. And the bugs. OMG! Worst year I remember. This is the wetest year that I ever remember in my area. Between all the snow this winter, and the almost non stop rain this summer, I got sceeders so big, I have to build a barn to keep them in. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

The heat and humidity we live with from April thru October down here. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I think the longest stretch of dry days in a row here has been 3. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I can't even put sevin dust in the garden, the rain washes it off. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Most of my green beans have been defoliated due to bugs. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The corn has been great tho... it loves the rain. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

All this rain has been tough on the okra, but I'm not missin' it. Last year was dry, and we were run over with the stuff. Still got some that we canned. The 'taters rotted in the ground, though. I'm tryin' to blame that on the wet year, not some blight, I hope. We hadn't planted any last year. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer