Thread: Electric Impact Tool

Electric Impact Tool

I see those electric impact wrenches for sale from Northern, the idea behind them seems good as they can be used in places when a compresser is not available. I do not know a single person that has ever tried one which leads me to believe that more than likely they are not much good. Does anyone here have any solid information about them?

Re: Electric Impact Tool

I've used a Black and Decker and it worked fine. We used it for work in areas where we didn't have access to a compressor.

I used one to help assemble a backyard play set made of wood. Used it to drive lag bolts. Worked OK. Also a B&D. Don't know the torque though.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

we use ours all the time....it comes in very handy on field jobs where we cant get our trucks into or down in basements of buildings when we change out electric motors...very seldom do we over load it, if we do, then just get a 3/4" breaker and bust loose and the impact will take over from there..

My Dad had one... It was loaned out and never came back. They use them at the store often when moving around racks and so on. Seem to be really handy, if a bit heavier than an air impact.

I have a Craftsman and it works well. All the mobile home movers around here use them, they wear them out frequently and they love that Craftsman warranty. They remove the axles from the homes nowdays so they have a lot of tight nuts, wheels and axles, to deal with. They also use them to drive the 6" lag bolts that they use to assemble double wides. The last time I went out to the local dirt track I noticed that all the racers are using cordless impacts. Most of the ones I saw were Snap- On.