Thanks to all of you for your info about my water well woes some time ago - that saga is over and all the work was done at no cost.

I now have a new 1.5 hp/12.5 gpm pump down at 280' and the water supply has been fine, but of course it's only been a few weeks [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I have noticed a new wrinkle in all this though, and wanted to ask for your input before calling them back out. I'll bet I'm on their favorites list ....

Our pump services a 110 gal pressurized tank. Pressure at the tank inlet is a steady 55 psi. When we use enough water to deplete the tank though, the water pressure in the house will virtually die to a trickle, then spring back to life as the pump kicks on. I have not yet gone out to see what the cut-in pressure is on the gauge when this happens, but I am thinking that my first check is to see if the pressure switch is adjusted correctly. It's a Square D 40/60 switch.

Of course I'm irritated that I'm still jacking around with this well - I'll be getting some other well service provider as soon as the warranty is over for sure. To me, they should have checked all this when the pump work was recently done.

Am I on the right track to first look at the pressure switch? Is the second step to check the tank pressure? Just want to know that I'm on the right track before I call them. Thanks again.