Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Budget Greenhouse

Re: Low Budget Greenhouse

This is as far as I have gotten. You can put plastic over the top to keep the heat in during the early Spring, but I will be just putting some screen-type fabric over the top to just keep the squirrels out and let the rain in. The intention of this is to all the seeds to stratify over the winter, and as soon as they germinate and pop out in the spring, I will be transplanting them into propagation containers.

I'll post more pictures as I progress on with my greenhouse.

Next step is to fill the box with growing medium.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I like the concept..thanks for sharing.

Any special problems bending the PVC that much? I would have thought it likely to break at that much of a curve?

Also, why only three feet tall? Seems a bit hard to work in [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did the plans you used have any adapations that would make a full height installation possible?

The idea is to plant, etc. from the outside by pulling back the screen/plastic, etc.

The PVC surprisingly curved into place with only slight effort. Originally, I just used roofing nails to attach the conduit holders, but the pressure the PVC put on the top ones popped them right out. I then used wood screws, and they seem to work just fine now.

I have seen other plans for a greenhouse that you could actually walk into, and that has doors -- I'll try and locate that link and supply it in the future.

Here are two PDF links to other greenhouse plans:

Arched Greenhouse: Made entirely out of PVC (including the door)

Small Backyard Greenhouse

I am thinking of tackling one these next year if I have good luck with my little one.

Good job, Dave. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

It bends. I bought 10 sticks of 1/2 inch pvc once and was amazed when the guy loaded it in my pick up. He stuck one end in under toolbox on right side. Then bent the entire bundle around and stuck end under left side. Much better then laying on top of cab.

I have some raised beds, 8 foot across. I may try this technique on beds this winter. But I don't know about the width