Thread: storm

storm

Hi

I hope Isabel does'nt do too much damage as it passes over your country. To all thoughs in its path i wish you the best of luck. from down under.
    made in Korea Vin

Re: storm

We were out of electricity for about 39 hours, but other than that we made it through without any problems. A few of our neighbors got a couple of inches of water in their basements, but luckily we managed to stay dry. I guess some other folks closer to the water ( Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay ) got really wet though. Annapolis, Maryland had 3-4 feet of standing water down near the City Dock.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, and hats off to all of the Electrical Linemen for their hard work to restore electrical service.

Larry [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here in So MD we made fine. Lost power for about 3 days. No damage to the barn or the house but lost most of the oak trees in the pasture. One thing is for sure I won't need firewood for a few years.

Steve

<font color="blue">hats off to all of the Electrical Linemen for their hard work to restore electrical service.
    </font color> Those people do seem to have a pretty thankless job. Enclosed some pics I got from Pratt St. in Baltimore, Md. and Solomons pier in Solomons, Md.

solomon's

One more from Solomons.

Hey Guys. I was driving around all night (@ work) in the downtown/inner harbor area. You wouldn't believe how quick that water got that high!! Some fella tried to drive his corvette down Pratt right in front of the ESPN zone about 2:45 am. We stopped to check on him and he told me the water was coming up over his hood and then all of the sudden the engine stopped. Imagine that!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]