Railroads have always been a hobby of mine. One of the things I enjoy is researching old railroads. What I have been working on is an old electric trolley line that ran from Albany , to Hudson NY. It was called the Albany Southern Rail Road. This line ran from the end of the 19th century, to 1930. It started out as a small steam line called the Kinderhook and Hudson, which ran from Hudson, to Niverville NY. Later the line was expanded to Albany, and the name was changed. If any of you know anything about electric railways, the A&S was unusual in that it used all 3 of the most popular forms of electoral pickup. Trolley poles, pantographs, and third rail shoes. Being that the line has been closed for SO long, research has been hard. Also because it was such a small line, there is not a lot of info out there.

Now on to the reason I am posting this. I am looking for ideas on how to find information on this line. I have searched my local library, and on line, and have not gotten much info. Also there was a book printed on this, and I got it, but there still seems to be a lot of holes that I need filled. Any one have any ideas where to look? Some of the towns along the line have historical committees, but as of yet have not been much help. I would realy like to find some old pictures of some of the line, or it's stations. I would hate to see the history of this line die off.