Thread: 25.00 a foot for new well ???

25.00 a foot for new well ???

is this the norm.i live in the seattle,washington area??i have heard of 6.00$ rate many times.what part of the country do they do this far this price??

Re: 25.00 a foot for new well ???

I don't know about Seattle, but In Pa. $5-$8 a foot is the norm around here.......J

Either that guy has more business than he can handle, and doesn't care whether you use him or not, or you are drilling thru hard rock like granite or basalt. That does cost a lot more.

I just got a quote on a new well from a guy that uses an air driller - $7.75/ft on a 6" diameter hole. Pump cost $600 - $2400, depending on what capacity I want. Wiring and pipe per ft cost depended on the pump and the depth. The TOTAL cost was in the $10 - $12/ft range, no matter which pump I wanted. Of course, our rock is fairly soft and is mostly feldspar type pegmatites.

That total also figured in the cost of the casing, well cap, and a concrete pad poured around the well to prevent contamination.

Down here in California (where we are attempting to be the nation's most idiotic state, and doing a fine job lately) you're looking at $10 - $20 per foot, depending on what they have to drill through.

Actually, down in the Bay Area where my father in law lives he's been quoted nearly *$50* per foot, *plus* he has to pay for the water he pumps, as the water company fills up the aquefiers. So he'd pay probably $10K for the well, twice that for permits, and then, to add insult to injury would have to be *metered* on his own well.

I think that puts CA into the running for "stupidest" without any of the other issues... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

i am thinking it has to do with the cost of living in a particular area.the seattle area is very expensive so wells are expensive??

<font color="blue"> the seattle area is very expensive so wells are expensive </font color>

I guess, although I'm no expert [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I still can't believe that my father in law doesn't even own water rights on his own property, though. They charge him because the aquifier underground is fed by the water district. Amazing...

It wasn't very many years ago (less than 5) that WA state was attempting to make rural well owners put meters on their wells. I don't know what the status of that is now.

Harry K [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

As far as I know I own the water rights to this property. I can't control the airspace above me, but I think I have rights to everything on or below me ('cept for some easements - none of which are water, mining, etc.). Of course that could change any day now if the CA "government" decides they can make money by fleecing me further [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ...