Thread: No nibbles on TBN .... Kubota Diesel Gensets

No nibbles on TBN .... Kubota Diesel Gensets

Any experience with Kubota's diesel generators? I was thinking of trading in my 6500 watt Mitsubishi gas unit for a similar sized 6500 Kubota diesel.

They specs look good, and I assume the quality is there.

Feedback? Any alternatives?

Re: No nibbles on TBN .... Kubota Diesel Gensets

Only experience with their tractors - I've got a L3000DT that has been bulletproof in all kinds of conditions. My opinion is that Kubota diesels are of excellent quality.

With that said, I went el cheapo on our portable compressor for the house - bought at Harbor Freight for $499 [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] What was shipped to me was a Dayton generator identical to the one listed in Graingers for about $1300 - I think it was ZZ020 or something like that. 11 hp Vanguard engine, 7200w/6500w 30a unit. I've had it about a year, used it a few times and have been very pleased with it. Time will tell of course - I'm planning to install a Reliance 10 circuit outdoor transfer switch this weekend - hopefully we'll have a chance to run well, etc if our power goes out. Not trying to talk you out of the Kubota genset as I suspect beside the diesel engine the generator head itself is probably of much higher quality than the Dayton - just making a comment!
    Nick

Re: No nibbles on TBN .... Kubota Diesel Gensets

Yep, I've got a 3010 I like a fair bit, so I figure Kubota quality is pretty good. I want to switch over to diesel because I can store a lot of diesel fuel safely, and draw it down for the tractor. I don't think keeping a lot of gas around is a good idea, plus it goes bad fast, and I believe diesel can be sotred long.

It would be nce to know if anybody has tried Kubota diesel gensets.