Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best 10" table saw blade...

The best 10\" table saw blade...

What is the best 10" table saw blade <font color="blue">for the money? </font color>
    Anyone ever used Lee Valley's blades?
    Freud supposedly has a blade that cuts so smooth you don't need a jointer. How much is this blade? Anyone ever used one?
    I don't have the $140 for a Forrest blade or the $400 for a jointer right now. I'm cheap.... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Re: The best 10\" table saw blade...

i have the Forrestt Woodworker II and think it's a good blade. That said, I've got a CMT blade that's pretty good too. And I don't recall the price but I think it was considerably cheaper.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Forrest is real nice. I have one of their blades and it does a great job. I also used to use Black &amp; Decker Piranha blades and thought they did OK for the money. Not as smooth as the Forrest, but they cut OK. I usually got 3-4 sharpenings out of them before I pitched them.

I've tried em all. Without a doubt the Forrest Woodworker II is tops. Jesada has a very good blade for half that price. Ditto for CMT. Lee Valley was okay -- better than Freud -- but nothing to write home about.

If you don't have the $ for a Forrest, check out the Jesada.

Pete

"If you don't have the $ for a Forrest, check out the Jesada."

Who carries the Jesada?

Looks like i'm not gonna get a decent "cheaper" blade, huh? Looks like you guys talked me into the Forrest.

I just thought $110.00 + was high for a saw blade. I'll be sawing hard maple, ebony, rosewood, walnut and mahogany (musical instruments).
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Jesada carries the Jesada. Excellent customer service. And they usually have some pretty good deals on their Webpage.

Pete

Pete, I just tried, and their web page is down.
    Are there any retail stores that carry Jesada items?
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

With the Forrest balde on a decent saw you'll not have to do any snading of glue joints. And they shouldn't be sanded anyway.

You can make a cut with the Forrest balde, then slide the two pieces back together and you can barely see the cut. Now that assumes the saw is properly setup and all.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I just tried and got thru just fine. They changed ownership since last time I bought from them. Carlo, the former owner, was a really great guy! With my proofreading past, I once circled all the typos in his catalog for fun and sent it to him. He sent me a 7 piece roundover router bit set in return -- no charge! Not sure who owns the company now. I see their products in a couple of local woodworking stores, and there are usually some on Amazon.com.

Pete

I've been very happy with Systematic blades - they have a glue-joint rip 55 tooth carbide blade that has done a great job for me on both oak and walnut. Just don't use a thin-kerf blade and expect a fine finished edge. The thinner blades will vibrate a bit and give a rougher cut (but they do need less saw power). The newer teflon coated blades also resist pitch buildup.