Thanks for the info that you gave me about the questions I had about a drop in water pressure to our house - the what is it with me and wells? post. If you can help a bit more I would appreciate it.

I checked the pressure reading at the well and observed the following:

* Full (available) water pressure w/pump off was 65psi. Pressure gauge is located on the same pipe outlet that the pressure switch is on (between well and pump).
* I turned on hose bib at tank outlet until pump kicked on.
* Pressure cut-off was 35 psi.
* I adjusted cut-on to 40 psi, and cut-off to about 62 psi.

Here's what happens as water pressure drops - I can see the pressure switch diaphragm move slowly as the pressure drops until the contact finally trips. At that point, the pressure gauge reads about 40 psi so that seems OK.

However, right after the cut-on trips, the pressure drops to almost nothing - like 10 psi - then there is a second or two until the pressure comes right back up, finally cutting the pump off at about 60 psi. That's the lag that we are experiencing in the house - water dwindles to almost nothing. then quickly increases to regular pressure. It's annoying because it always makes me wonder if the water's coming back [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Why does the pressure drop so dramatically? I have not yet checked the tank charge pressure, but it seems that at the 40 psi cut-on there should only be a mild ripple in the supply rather than a big drop, then back up. Is the pump losing its prime (new 1.5hp pump) and then having to make up the head?