Thread: pet adoption weekend

pet adoption weekend

just to let everyone know this is purina's adopt a pet weekend! so take a look at www.petfinder.com and bring home a new friend!

Re: pet adoption weekend

Great idea, there are so many wonderful dogs that need a good home.

We adopted Seigir about a year ago and he is great dog. Please look at giving an older dog a home as well as looking at puppies.

I have attached a picture of my guy playing in the creek.

Tim

And don't forget there are always retired greyhounds looking for homes. They are generally 2-3 years old when they are offered for adoption and make absolutely wonderful pets. Look on the web to find your local adoption agencies.

You would think that such remarkable canine athletes would require a tremendous amount of exercise, but not at all! They a sprinters and one good 3 minute run a day is plenty, then it's coach potato for the rest of the day. They are extremely healthy, clean and low maintenance dogs. They even smell good. They usually get along great with other dogs as they are used to kennel life. But some find that cats are just too tempting. We adopted one a couple a years ago. To tell the truth I was a little skeptical at first, but the wife has always wanted to adopt one. Now I can say without reservation that he is by far the best dog I’ve ever had [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

wow three minutes a day! thats alot less time then we put in now for our total of 6 miles of walking a day, and atleast one day a week of open running.

i hear that greyhounds are great pets. there are tons of dogs that need good homes, there really isnt a good reason to buy one when so many can be adopted!

I'm so glad to find some real pet lovers out here! My wife and I are as well. She is on the board of directors of our local humane society. We currently have 3 dogs and 3 cats. Our latest is Roscoe (pictured below). He is about two and was picked up running the back roads in our county. Now he has what we call a "forever home" with us. Remember, "Until there are none, adopt one". [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

we only have 2 "girls" right now, but might be fostering (keeping) another one in a few weeks. couldnt imagine life without them!

Nice looking dog. And welcome to the forums!
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?