Thread: Display of new messages

Display of new messages

Why can I tell at a glance which threads have new messages in them (the title is bolded , but when I open the thread NONE of the posts are bolded, i.e., the only way I know which posts are new is to look for a day/time later than the last time I logged in???

I've fiddled with my settings for months and can't make it work the same as on TBN. This is so frustrating I rarely visit here anymore!

Any ideas of additional things to try? Am I the only one with this problem?
    [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Pete

Re: Display of new messages

Don't know the answer to your question, but whenever I visit here, or TBN, my starting point is the "display past 12 hours" (or 6, or 1 depending on how long it has been)...then I just click on the messages I want to see. I find that useful...I didn't even realize that when something was bold it means there are new messages....

Here is link to the way I come into this site:

http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/1...amp;Limit=5000

Wow, the first decent workaround! Thanks! Pete

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the title is bolded , but when I open the thread NONE of the posts are bolded, i.e., the only way I know which posts are new is to look for a day/time later than the last time I logged in???

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, in between the "Subject" and the name of the person the post is responding to is a very small black box with the work "NEW" in small (yellow?) print on mine. I just have to look for that little black box, but of course, it's sure not as visible, or noticeable, as the TBN format.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Pete, in between the "Subject" and the name of the person the post is responding to is a very small black box with the work "NEW" in small (yellow?) print on mine. I just have to look for that little black box, but of course, it's sure not as visible, or noticeable, as the TBN format.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have that, Bird. What is the setting to get that to show up?

Pete

Pete, Here are my settings. Of course that's running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.