Thread: Golf cart

Golf cart

<font color="blue"> I have been looking at golf carts for utility purposes around my place, does anyone have experience with these? I can buy a 1995 EZ Go gas engine for $1700 or a 1999 electric with new batteries for $1900. A nearby dealer sells new to courses and then takes the old ones and retails them. Not sure if price is good, but it seems about right. He has a 1985 Cushman gas for $800. Also looked at four wheelers, but they seem a bit cumbersome to mount and dismount and don't have the load-space for tools </font color>
    Bayrat

Re: Golf cart

Bayrat, I have had a golf cart since 1985. The first one was electric - six 6 volt batteries. The batteries lasted me about 8 years. I really liked how quiet it was.

Bought a gas EZ GO, and other than it being a little noisy, it is great. Around here (Apex, NC) you can get a 2000 with a lift kit and dump bed on the back for $2400. Like you said, many dealers take them back when the golf courses upgrade, then rework them and sell to the general public.

If you have a lot of property to cover, or if you intend to haul heavy loads, or pull a trailer, I'd suggest a gas model.
    Bob

Thanks, I am really leaning toward a gas model. How is it in rougher terrain?
    Bayrat

Here's a pic of my '99 Club 48v I've had for over a year. Hardest working, most versatile, and most trouble-free machine ever made. Tough as nails. I wouldn't trade it for a backyard full of Gators, Mules, and 4-wheelers. And yes that is a toilet in my front yard.. for those mornings when having three commodes indoors is not enough.

I like that machine! What do you think of the 1995 gas I can get for $1700? Seems like a good price after looking around. I did not realize there were so many options for these things, have a four wheeler beat all to hell. I checked on a lift kit and tires/wheels, total about $750.
    Bayrat

Nice yard, too!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Several months back, I told my wife that when I replace our toilet with a handicap toilet (taller, bigger) that I was gonna put our old one in the yard with flowers in and around it. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] She said I was crazy and the old, "What will the neighbors think?". [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    I am so glad to see this picture. I just e-mailed it to her and told her I wasn't the only one that liked "toilet humor"!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Electrics are more powerful, reliable, quiet, and just way cool. I'd never consider a gas cart. Electrics have the lowend torque a working cart needs. And gas carts sound so pitiful, all the ones I've been around made an anemic coughing/wheezing noise.

You wouldn't be interested in selling that 3 gallon toilet tank would you? The gallon and a half on the new federally approved models don't seem to work too well.
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You wouldn't be interested in selling that 3 gallon toilet tank would you? The gallon and a half on the new federally approved models don't seem to work too well.

[/ QUOTE ] Not to stray off the subject at hand, but...

Just smuggle them in from Canada, like all the home builders.

I call the new 1.6 gallon models a "two-flusher", so technically it uses more water than the old 3 gallon models.

A junk dealer near me pays $100 cash for as many as I can find him. Last summer I scored 18 at an apartment renovation for $20 apiece. Amazing how many you can find free for the asking. Much more profitable than hunting for aluminum cans.