Thread: Logging In

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Logging In

How come I suddenly have to log in, whenever I go on CBN? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I never log out, and I used to be logged in automatically when I clicked onto CBN. What do I have to do to stop always having to log on? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Re: Logging In

Have you changed the security settings recently on your browser? I think CBN uses cookies to keep you logged on, if you have disabled them thru the browser, my guess is it couldn't "remember" you from session to session...

When you log in, be sure you check the box........"Remember me on every vist"

Make sure on your Internet Settings you have the option selected to Check for newer pages on "Every visit". You most likely have it set for "Automatically".

To get to these settings, on Internet Explorer to go Tools->Internet Options... on the General Tab select the Settings... button.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Thanks for all the responses.

I haven't changed anything, but the forum is suddenly recognizing me again without logging in.

I'll never understand computers!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

That's most likely because your browser has now "Automatically" updated it's cache. I suggest still making the updates I described.

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y