Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The season must be over

The season must be over

Every body around here is running a bush hog over their gardens. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer

Re: The season must be over

No tillin under for me yet. My Eggplants,musk mellons and peppers are still going strong. Tomatoes also for that matter. Im holding out [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Larry

Gettin' there. Hope ta dig the taters and beets this weekend. That'll just leave a row of carrots, and I can till everything else under and burn off the strawberries.

My garden looks AWFUL this year, I really let the weeds get away from me. Still produced pretty good tho, considering the crappy weather and my neglect.

Not yet here in northern VT, but it's obviously just around the corner! Tomatoes are still producing, as are the peas. And we have friggin zucchini everywhere!

But the trees are turning in bits here and there. The big sugar maple near the pond is all green except for one flame red branch. Yellow leaves are beginning to cover the road and collect in the ditches. The grass has seriously slowed down and the big bugs are gone; nothing left but skeeters now.

Despite the frantic rush to finish the pre-winter chores, I love this time of year. Living in California it all sort of blended together -- no seasons. Here in New England the land is in more or less constant change. Really makes you appreciate things! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Yeah, mine's been gone for 3 weeks now. I'll let it stand until Thanksgiving.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Been a good year for us - best crop of fallow we have ever had. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Have we overlooked painting season. I've spent the last two weeks of my life with a paint brush in hand.

Egon

I picked 2 cabbage, the others rotted. The tomatoes are still completely green, All 6 of them. So i guess thats it for us. This has been the worst garden ever.

Painting! Darn, I'd completely forgotten! I still have trim to do!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Pete

Every time I have to do trim it's just the start for a complete job.

Egon