Thread: Thermal Arc Welders

Thermal Arc Welders

Are these comparable to the Lincoln and Miller. In particular a Thermal Arc TA10/270H 300 amp with a 20hp Honda Engine.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this or should I stick with something else.

Thanks

Re: Thermal Arc Welders

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I have NO IDEA what a Thermal Arc welder is. A 300 AMP regular DC portable welder would require more than 20 HP, however. The 300 Lincoln I had used a six-cylinder Continental engine. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Confused me also. It's not quite 300 amp, but the specs. on it are reasonable for a multi-process welder/generator. Attached file is in adobe format.

Sorry about the wrong amps. This is for sale by an individual in the Dallas area for $1800 and that was what he told me. Thanks for the attachment, I couldn't find anything except for on the Thermodyne web site. I had never heard of it until now and had no idea. I don't know the first thing about welding but have to learn and until then have a "GOOD" friend that is doing it all for me. I just supply him with the welder and have been renting up to now. Thanks for your input.