Since the completion of my new home and the purchase of a larger truck (Trucker here).... I am in the process of seeking a traveling companion. Something that doesn't shed too much, short haired and is fairly easy to keep clean.
The dogs I have concidered and comments about them are as follows...

Min Pin = Very hyper, dominant, will take off if they get loose

Jack Russel = Nice dog but as most hunting dogs, will roam, dig and can be a handfull...

French Bulldog = Too expensive, too many health problems

I thoroughly dislike poodles, chiwows (sp? I know), any yappy type dogs that pee on themselves when you look at them wrong.

I like Spitz type dogs, looked at several of the different breeds but they are too hairy and in the confinment of my truck would be disasterous...

I have thought about Boston Terriers or a daschuond (sp?)

Also I have researched Shar pe', this one seems to have the best personality as a guard dog, quite temperment, not a roamer and a natural distrust for strangers. Another words someone wouldn't be able to just walk up and steal them without losing a body part. Being the truck is a clean climate control inviroment I would think that they would have any skin problems, especially if I go with a female that isn't too wrinkled. Also, I heard there is a soft hair breed as well as the bristle haired breed.

Any comments, suggestion to other breeds would be appriciated.

BTW, I have experience with larger dogs, Rotties/bullmastiffs, I just think its inhumane to keep such a large dog in the confines of a truck where as a smaller dog could move around with comfort besides the routine nature walks [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]