Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling Companion

Re: Traveling Companion

When wife and I were traveling by motor home , we had a Silky Terrier. They do not shed and are great companions. The terrier in them makes for a loud watch dog in a small package. They are a tough little dog and some weigh in over standard at fifteen pounds or so.

We have traveled with many other breeds, right now with a pair of one hundred pound Giant Schnauzers, but we like the smaller dog in the confined space. Mini Schnauzers are great dogs if you carefully check out the breeding. Again they do not leave hair all over. Just look for the disposition over the breed. There are some dogs that love to travel and others that will have to learn to love it.

Visit your local Humane Society or shelter and check out adult dogs. The best traveler I ever had was a German Sheppard that was a rescue. He was my constant companion in cars and trucks. He did take up a little too much room in the sleeper .

My parents have had several Boston Terriers over the years. They currently have one now (Max) and a Pug (Rocky). It might just have been their luck but all of them shed a good bit. We are very happy with our miniture schanuzer (Mr. Spock) no shedding but they do require periodic grooming...

I searched the internet and found quite a bit of info on the Rats and also found out that the humane society the next town from me has a number of them with good temperment. So I will visit them when I get home in the next couple weeks and see if i like their personalities.

Other option will be open... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

you could adopt a monkey?

Might try the shelters and just look for a mutt that you like and likes you. Could save a life and end up with a good friend.

Our Mutt

Bob , That was a great picture... Hahaha [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes I will be checking the shelters next week, (I just got home today). I'll be looking at both the Rat Terrier and the Boston Terrier. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Great picture and you are so right about the adoption of a dog.