Thread: dog kills infant

dog kills infant

have you guys heard about what happened in Baltimore yesterday? well a "good" mother and father leave their 2 week old baby with their dog while they go outside to smoke. this is becasue the dont smoke around the baby. its unfortunate that the dog was a pit bull, because the breed has no bearing on what happened. evidently when they got back from smoking the kid was on the floor blue, he was in a swing that was nocked over. i dont know if the dog even bit the kid. so the call 911, they put the dog outside.

the dog gets out of the yard, the cops think this is crazy dog so the shot the poor thing 15 times! why? to make sure it was dead. neighbors said that this was the nicest dog in the area, it never caused trouble with other dogs or kids, but it had been acting strange since the baby came.

ofcourse it acted strange! it was the center of its world before the baby came! most dogs of any breed get jealous when a new baby comes. this is why they tell you to never leave your kid alone with one even is your child is alittle older.

sorry i blame the parents not the dog on this one. i wish the baby werent dead, but he wouldnt be if mom wasnt so "good" and smoked around him.

Re: dog kills infant

the cops think this is crazy dog so the shot the poor thing 15 times!

Note to self, "stay outta Baltimore, crazy cops"

The dog and the baby are in a better place now

Wow, that is really disturbing. Couldn't help but comment on two things...

First, why didn't they just take turns going outside? Seems like that would've made a difference...

But the other thing that gets me is that the baby was already blue (dead or dying) when they got back in. How long were they really out there? Doesn't sound like stepping out for a "quick smoke".

What a shame, but it does sound like both the dog and the child are in a better place now...

i have no idea why they didnt take turns! it didnt seem to make any difference to them or the cops.

i had that same thought...quick smoke....blue baby...how long does it take to smoke?

Just goes to prove the old adage "smoking kills".
    I guess in more ways than one. Sad.

How sad...

Being an ex-smoker (still BBQ smoker though)... it takes aprox 5 - 10 mins to smoke a cig.
    I don't think it takes but a min or two for a two week old baby to turn blue as there lungs are still developing.

I wonder if they quit smoking after this or will have another baby or even another dog..? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]