Thread: Indoor Grasses

Indoor Grasses

I want to make my desk area around my computer more pleasant. I have always liked grasses. What would be some of the better grasses that I could grow from seed in a small, slinder pot. I was thinking of Rye grass, but am not for sure about it living very long.

Re: Indoor Grasses

I like the idea, warehouse. Lots of the right spectrum light would be needed. You might have trouble when it's time to bring in the tractor and mowing deck. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome to CBN!

Normally, the mention of growing "grass" indoors would raise some eyebrows and warrant a visit by some very official looking people with badges. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

I wonder if you could start some of the ornamental grasses, like pampas, and then transplant them outdoors when they start to get too big.

I was thinking of something like Rye grass. I saw this setup at Target a few weeks ago. The rye grass was about 6" tall in a container about 4x6. It looked neat, but the container was black plastic. I want to grow it in a better looking container and needed some background on indoor growing.

warehouse

You could try Wheatgrass
    Can even eat the stuff. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

particleman