In the Hobby forum, I posted about making a jalapeno beer because I had so many peppers and not enough other ingredients for salsa or relish. The beer is still working....slow yeast I think...but I still have lots of jalapenos, thanks to some really strange fall weather.

I did a search on jalapeno cheese bread and found what looks like a pretty good recipe, but one of the hits down the list was for bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapenos. Now, I had thought about trying to make jalapeno poppers, breaded cheese stuffed jalapenos, but we tossed out our last deep fryer when we realised we didn't use it enough to justify all the oil, and those breaded things just don't seem to work out very well if you can't deep fry them. This sounded pretty good...bacon, cheese and peppers....what could be better? So I put on my waders and went out to the garden for a few peppers. I picked six two inchers. You split the peppers, take out the seeds and white membrane ribs, fill with sharp cheddar, and wrap with a bacon slice. I used the thin sliced bacon, and each pepper was completely covered. I didn't even need to use toothpicks to make them stay together. Put them on a baking sheet and broil until the bacon is to your liking. The cheese runs out some, so when I scooped them up I also scraped up the cheese and returned it to it's rightful owners. These things are right tasty! Taking out the seeds and the membrane ribs reduces the heat to a manageable level. They'll go great with my pepper beer! If I do these for a party, I'll probably make some bacon-wrapped chicken livers too, for the capsicum-challenged.

Chuck