Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter ale for Chuck52

Re: Jupiter ale for Chuck52

That is correct. I never got fancy with extract batches though. I just steeped the grains in hot water. Most extraction was for flavor; I did not expect any conversions.

I jumped from there to all grain. Temp is REAL important there [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Pass on a recipe; I need to get off my duff and brew [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

would you like that full grain or extract?

I have a bunch, let me know.

I am lagering now as my shop is the correct temperature [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

If you guys need any official taste testers........ [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] Dave

How about a full-grain? I'll dig my recipes out and post another in a few days too.

You know, it's funny you mentioned that! I have a bunch of friends that brew. We occasionally have brew tastes, where 8-10 people bring beers to taste. We have had anywhere from 12 or so brew to over 23 on occasion. We usaully make it an event, with dinner and all. We get everything from beginners to advanced brewers(one has since become a successful brew miester for a local micro brew, and two own a homebrew supply store).

We start with the lightest beers , and work our way to the stouts and barley wines. You only taste a bit, but after 15-20 tastes, wowsers!

It is a TON of fun. We have not done one in a while; maybe it's about time [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I dont brew so I will have to bring the snacks. The thing Is I drink so little that one is about my limit, lol. But I do really enjoy a good beer. I think the whole micro brew thing is very cool. I have had some home made beers from others over the years that were excellent. I think I like the cream Porter. I used to have a very good Polish friend. His grandmother made cherry wine that was more like the best brandy I have ever had. Granny never had to ask twice for help around the farm from us ! Dave

We have a club and we do this on a monthly basis. Hell of a lot of fun.

On teach a friend to brew day the club did 75 gallon batch. Just about ready to keg!

There was a heffi, a scotish ale and oat meal stout. We are gonna do a fish, elk, deer, pheasent and duck cook up and crack the kegs in 2 weeks, [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For my wedding a few years back, we lined up three 10gal all-grain systems(just like mine; I built mine a couple years later). We did double batches on each. 1/2 of it went to the wedding reception. The rest was split with veryone in 5gal kegs.

It is really fun to do that. Sometimes it is not so exciting watching the water heat, the mashtun, ect... A bunch of buddies and stories though, thats fun!

Do you use beer recipitator web site. Lots of good info.

I have the address on my home computer. If you do not have it let me know and i will forward.

Dane

I am not aware of that site. I have not done much by way of brewing for a bit now. My keg fridge went out, and I have not replaced it. I bottled a 10gal batch once; not fun...

I need to get a batch going! I need some of my own brew, and need to exercise my memory and equipment.

Got anything that scales up to a 10gal recipe?