We bought a 03 Trailblazer in March. As we have three other cars and one truck (FOR TWO DRIVERS), we don't drive it everyday. Recenty it sat in the carport for about four days before being driven. We noticed the heater fan was making a lot of noise, especially at high speed.

Finally got it to the dealer Friday (7 Nov). The service writer called and asked if we lived in the country and said something had built a nest in the blower fan and IT WOULD NOT BE COVERED BY WARRANTY. After almost $200.00 it was as good as new.

My wife called Chevy to complain. She explained that we had four other vehicles and had probably owned several more since we lived here. We had never had any problems of this nature (pardon the pun). My pickup sometimes sits for two weeks at a time before being driven. She "suggested" to GM that there must be a design flaw to allow an animal (probably a field mouse from the looks of the nest--I'll try to post a picture later). The lady she was talking to assured her that it was NOT GM's problem. She still didn't get any satisfaction, even after working thru several supervisoral layers.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again? Anyone experienced this before? We've had them build nest under the hood before but never this.

BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!