Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery plant

Re: Mystery plant

Doc, Maybe this berry plant needs to be planted like Mimosa trees, so they can be viewed at a distance.
    Sure were pretty and no sign that they had been fed on by birds, deer, or anything. The berry plants
    were photographed in Oklahoma's Runestone State Park. There was quite a group of them.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thanks for posting that. We've got dozens of them all over our place, along with tons of deer. I've never noticed ANY kind of animal or bird eating the berries, but the deer and grasshoppers love the leaves.

Pat,

Just saw some of these this Saturday in West St. Louis County. I was helping a ham friend, W0TT, plant some trees and there they were! I had never noticed them before.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, HOw'd they taste? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pat

Hey, I'm smarter than I look! I'd almost have to be. Hi Hi!
    Gary

Gary, I RESEMBLE that remark!

I'm rremined of the kid's verbal trick where one asks the other if he'd rather be dumber than he looks or look dumber than he is. Then no matter which is selected, he's asked,"HOW COULD YOU!"

I'm probably not as cautious about tasting things as I should be but since I could not see evidence that ANYTHING had been eating them, I refrained. They sure look good though. I heard a medical report that someone had eaten the "cute little" berries on the nice ivy plant (poison ivy) and the results weren't pretty.

At least we aren't that dumb. Well, Gary, no matter what others may say about us, I think that together we probably make a whole wit.

Pat

How about the first guy to eat an oyster! Had to be a guy right? And how long did it take for him to convince a woman to try it?
    Gary

Gary, A real hungry man without access to fire. Same criteria for the woman or else it was an early vestige of women's lib.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and remember all those vets who made our way of life and some semblance of peace on earth possible. Consider the Imperial Japanese and Facist German alternatives before criticising the current state of the world. About the only thing good would have been Al Qaida would be doing it to the Japanese and German fascists.

Pat

Those grew everywhere when I was a kid. I never knew what they were but I knew exactly what to do with them. Break a whole limb off below the last clump of berries, grasp the base of the limb, pick your intended target (preferably someone smaller and younger than yourself) and vigorously swing the limb in their direction. Results? You end up with an empty limb and your victim gets pummeled with purple berries! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Chris

We used to carefully pick seed pods from "Touch Me Not" flowers and throw them at others or the ground. They "EXPLODE" and shower ouit their seeds.

Pat