Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The MEATrix and the the Matrix

The MEATrix and the the Matrix

The parallels between the Matrix and the MEATrix are too close.

See http://www.bancruelfarms.org/meatrix/

Best flash animation I have seen in a while with a real message,
    "Buy from your local farmer." [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: The MEATrix and the the Matrix

I see that you're one of those zealots who will just keep pushing and pushing your "organic only" agenda on the rest of us in one form or another. I have NEVER seen someone put out sooooo much propaganda on CBN or TBN in as short a time as you have.

Pushing raw milk. Pushing government conspiracy theories. Now pushing the concept that the entire agriculture system (and all the farmers/ranchers who participate in it) are a bunch of evil, avaricious people. (the message is the same - whether or not it is wrapped up in some "cute" cartoon or not.) I wouldn't be surprised if that web site was connected to P.E.T.A some way. I mean, the web site is called “Ban Cruel Farms.org” with links to things like “Sentient Beings.org” (talking about how animals are somehow EQUAL to “man” when it comes to their “rights” and such) and “Veg For Life.org” (talking about how everyone SHOULD go vegetarian), etc. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

To say the constant barrage of your narcissistic posts is annoying is putting it mildly. You want to be organic - fine - just quit pushing your agenda. My Gosh man, can't you do ANYTHING else besides espouse the evils of "non-organic" food production???

You hate anything that isn't "100% pure organic"; you believe we are all going to die some horrible death after a very short lifetime because of all the corruption associated with capitalism and governmental malfeasance with regards to our food supply; you associate yourself with groups promoting vegetarianism and animal rights "equality", etc...... WE GET IT already! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Dude - give it a rest and quit insulting all those hard working "non-organic only" folks who DO INDEED supply a nutritious product for the American consumer! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I LOVE Pork Ribs! Knowing you don't eat them means....MORE FOR ME! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Right, love those ribs!
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I'll put some ribs in the smoker and you and Gary come on over!
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

mysticokra, I watched the whole thing through and lookd at the links offered at the end. I don't see any PRO FAMILY FARM info here. Moopheus makes a few gratuitous comments about the FACTORY FARMS destroying the small family farms but nowhere in print or the sound track are folks encouraged to patronize alternatives to BIG COPRORATE FACTORY FARMS.

The links are to sources of info that senastionalize animal cuelty, support vegitarianism ,and some whacko causes!

Sentient Beings
    Join Mary Tyler Moore and the Sentient Beings Campaign, which seeks to counter agribusiness callousness by formally recognizing farm animals as sentient beings. Farm animals deserve to be treated with compassion! For more information, visit SentientBeings.org.

Veg For Life
    Improve your health, protect the environment and save animals simply by going veg! Making the transition has never been easier.
    For more information, visit www.VegForLife.org.

I thought the clip was well done, entertaining, and quite professional. I dissagree with the agenda it supports.

If I missed something... Like a single word of praise or a positive comment anywhere in the sound track or in any of the links for family farms, point it out. The only mention I noticed of family farms was that the EVIL EMPIRE destroyed them when setting up thte MEATRIX.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Ranchman, I think we have a responsibility to be fair and truthfull (except in humorous context) when posing here. You have stated:

My Gosh man, can't you do ANYTHING else besides espouse the evils of "non-organic" food production???

You hate anything that isn't "100% pure organic"

The clip I watched entitled "The Meatrix" didn't say squat about ORGANIC it just pointed out every unpleasant thing possible about agri-buisness and revealed its agenda for those who needed it written on a sledge hammer and smashed into their skull, through thte links at the end. I don't see any ORGANIC bias only militant vegetarianism and a bunch of animal rights lunies.

I too, understand what the poster was doing, where they are coming from, and how they intend to continuously bombard all available venues with their agenda untill we all join their cause.

Well, the clip was cute, well done, and quite professional. The agenda it supports, on the other hand, is misguided and unwelcome with me. After a while, continuoulsy stretching the boundaries of good taste, whether or not someone is a mindless follower/true believer in some nitwit cause, they tend to irritate the 'normal' folks and begin to wear out their welcome.

I wonder how the poster would like it if Jehova's Witnesses, Morman's, and a bunch of other religious zealots lined up outside his door and repetively haranged him on soul saving and how "THEIR" version of religion is the only correct version. I bet it would grow old real soon.

I wonder if the Great Vegetarian wears any leather or eats any animal procudts. I don't listen to to just any BOZO spouting BS unless it comes from a PURE VEGETARIAN who is NOT overweight, has no more than 1 child, and wears a flu mask to avoid inhaling and killing small microscopic animals. Otherwise it is just another hypocritical Yoyo saying do as I say not as I do.

Well, Ranchman, I hope I didn't offend you by defending the Vegienut too strenuously.

Pat

"I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Wow, Ranchman. Must have touched a nerve.

I eat meat. Like Pork... AND want farmers and consumers to act responsibly in their food choices. If the ability to buy the food I want were readily available we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's because the system has been built the way it has that alternative choices have to be promoted.

It's unfortunate the MEATRIX website promotes a vegan agenda. It's not mine. However, there was no way to link to the site to see the Flash animation without using their link.

I sympathize greatly with the American farmer who has done all he/she knew to do to get their products to market. It angers me that government structures often trapped them in scenarios where they had to work harder and longer just to stay even. The demise of so many farms attests the fact that the government was anything but friend to the farmer. They acted in good faith on bad information and paid a high price.

The beauty of the internet is that the immediacy of communication now makes possible a collective thought process that wasn't possible even 10 years ago. Had it been there, they might have seen past the social engineering.

I apologize if I have been too direct. Written communication often lacks the softening nuances available in verbal discussions.

I would also appreciate it if you could cut back on the name-calling and vitriole. It really isn't necessary to get your points across. Besides, we are not as far apart as you may think.

<font color="green">"I dissagree with the agenda it supports."
    </font color>

Probably 90% of our population disagrees with their agenda.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

I think everybody feels disgusted with many facets of modern society at times. How do you pick which specific cause to fight for? I wish they'd go ahead and tax motor fuels to $10 a gallon and see where the chips fall. Ain't gonna happen. Anybody wasting their time on earth fighting for a cultural revolution is smoking too much okra.