Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: screw gun

Re: screw gun

Yep! That's the reason he's anti dewalt. They went to pot when they took over. Or at least according to him. I won't truely use anything enough to find out. But since he used his for everything I will be using one from now on because everything on the farm is screwed. If fence staples were made for a screwgun he would have used them.

Last christmas he decided to mash his ring and pinky fingers off cutting out some drifts at our bridge. The first time he went to screw something he kept feeling for the trigger and he couldn't find it. Oh well old dogs and new tricks and all.

Patrick

You can get a corded screw gun called a teks driver. It has a torque sensitive clutch like the cordless drills and doesn't spin all the time like a drill. There are two types of screw guns, torque sensitive (slow speed and can drive a wide varity of screws, but not depth sensitive, not good for consistently setting screws at the same height, like drywall) and depth of drive (drywall, high speed, limited size of screw driving ability). The torque senstive is what you want. I have a Milwakee corded Tek driver turns about 1,000 rpm variable speed worked good for the screws on a metal building.

Handyman, if you need new 18 volt DeWalt batteries, Lowes in NC has them for 2 for $99. This is roughly half price.

First time I went to Lowes to pick them up they were sold out. About a week later that had 8 sets. The new batteries are advertised to have 40% more runtime than the originals. Have not tried mine yet, but will this weekend.

Bob

Good deal..!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They are opening a brand new Lowes where I live in Tenn., maybe they will be on sale there too [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

make sure those batteries are not xrp, those are the longer running ones. i am not sure they are interchangable with the non-xrp tools. not that there is anything wrong with a srewgun with more torque and battery life!