Due to the overwhelming number of requests I have received (1 so far but I sometimes overwhelm easily) I am inaugerating this thread about the T O Y O T A P R I U S...

I have one on order and intend to take delivery soon (we hope). For those of you who haven't seen last months 12 page ad in PopSci and haven't used MapQuest lately (mapquest shows you how to navigate from A to B and then tells you how much $ you would have saved if you drove a Prius.

Our color preference is in priority order but not using their cutesy color names is: the light metallic pearlescent green, silver, gold, white. Skipping red and black.

A white one with our trim package (9 different trim packages) is due in soon and the dealer will try to swap with another dealer, if possible, for our prefered color. Well take the white if no other is available.

We were quite pleased to see the improvements that had been made ove the previous model. It is now a "lift back" with no barrier to getting groceries in and out. The back seats are a 60/40 split and fold easily forward individually or together to increase rear storage. The back seat is bigger and more comfortable than the CR-V or the Forrester.

I opted for the navigation system and no key needed entry and startup. It also will have fog lights. Yes you can get fog in Oklahoma. I drove in considerable fog in the mountains just last Sunday. It has the HID headlights and an indash 6 CD changer and premium multi-speaker audio system. It has "Blue Tooth" system to integrate an appropriately technology enabled cell phone.

My test drive was a very pleasing experience. It is surprisingly peppy for a 1500cc 4 banger (something to do with a 200 volt Nimh battery and an electric motor.) The tech whizkids at Toyota's intergalactic design headquarters increased the size and weight of the car while simultaneously giving it more power and acceleration AND higher fuel mileage than the prevuous smaller version. Still sounds like getting 10 lbs in a 5 lb sack.

More later, film at 1100. P.S. Gary, I know folks who are still waiting for color TV to be perfected before they buy one. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat