The winter storm that dropped two feet of snow on us over the past three days got my attention, so this morning I went out and finished that antique carburetor, put some gas in the tank, and after several false starts that old 315 Poly V8 roared into life and kept on running! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I kept the old boy running for half an hour while I searched frantically for leaks and other forms of disaster. The water pump worked, the oil pressure was fine, the thermostat opened up on time. With so little spare time in my life I was getting really discouraged with the old truck, but with warmer weather ahead next week I should be able to adjust the timing, get the throttle and choke linkages right, and maybe even drive the old beast home if the state troopers aren't looking!

Sure would be nice to have it in the garage over the winter so I can tinker in the frozen comfort of my own home! I'm thinking of getting one of those convection quartz heaters you hang from the ceiling so my hands don't freeze to the cold metal this winter. Any of you guys ever try one of those things?

Pete