Thread: Computer Internet problem

Computer Internet problem

I am seeking some advice and help as to what may be happening in my computer.
    Everything is working fine at all web sites except 2. Starting a couple of days ago, every time
    I visit EBay, my opening page works normally and then I type in my search and it carries
    me to my search page fine. At that point, when I click on an item to view that page, the computer
    freezes, the mouse pointer moves around, however, clicking on the item does nothing.
    Clicking on any item around the page does nothing, even clicking on "My EBay" does nothing.
    It works fine in the box for search feature. It allows me to backspace and type in another word.
    I don't know alot about computers and this has got me puzzled. If anyone has any thoughts about
    this or something for me to try, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    JRF

Re: Computer Internet problem

Sounds like a poorly behaved Java Script.

Take a look your objects. TOOLS - INTERNET OJBECTS-SETTINGS -VIEW OBJECTS and look to see if anything is labeled as "damaged". If it is, delete it and things should clear up.

You may also wish to consider clicking, clear history, delete files and delete cookies, if things don't improve.

Just remember, make sure you don't need those cookies for logins to your work VPN, etc.

Re: Computer Internet problem

mysticokra,
    That seemed to be the problem. Everything is working fine now.
    A very big "Thank You"
    JRF