Thread: Hot Dog Recipe

Hot Dog Recipe

A hot dog recipe, yes, really [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Saw this on a TV special about hot dogs and tried it last night. Those on a diet can stop reading here. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

1. Slice hot dog down its length but not completely through
    2. Slice strips of cheese and place them in the slit created in step 1.
    3. Wrap 2 strips of raw bacon around the hot dog and secure with toothpicks.
    4. Cook in deep fryer for 6 to 7 minutes.

Serve with fries so you get a months worth of fat in one meal. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Hot Dog Recipe

Mike,

I bet that would also work out pretty well under the broiler. That way, if the cheese ran out you could scrape it all up and smoosh it together! The bacon grease would also all be there, too, so you wouldn't have to lose the fat!

Sounds like those, my cheese and bacon jalapenos, and maybe bacon wrapped chicken livers, could all be combined to make the ideal fat drenched beer companions.

Chuck

<font color="blue">( Those on a diet can stop reading here ) </font color>

That is the perfect Atkin's diet food. Meat and cheese! Just skip the fries.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Mike, when I was a kid and we used to do that (except under the broiler instead of frying), they called that recipe "country quail." [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

When I was 16-21 years old I worked in a lumberyard. One of the yard workers had this little electric hotdog cooker he had made. Two small 8d nails wired to a 120v ac lead. You'd spear both ends of the hot dog, and plug it in for 20 seconds. I remember them as tasting great, but at that age I was always hungry.

Bird,

Now that you mention it, I think I remember that one, "country quail". You'd think "city quail" would be a better name though! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

The bottom line is, as my buddy Bill says, "Bacon makes anything taste better!"

Chuck

Chuck, it's been a long time ago, but now that you mention it, I think maybe the name of that recipe was "city quail" instead of "country quail". [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Bird, Just in case I forgot to mention... We made your mom's potato and turnip soup a couple times and it was real good. One of the times had black pepper as a significant ingredient but it was still good.

Thanks again. Now to the topic at hand. If I ate all that stuff I'd set a Guiness record for % of body weight as fat. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I've had these at a couple of diners...they called them "Texas Tommys"