Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venison in the freezer and I never went hunting

Re: Venison in the freezer and I never went huntin

I know the hunter must notify the State by phone with similar info. It probably is a good idea to get a scan of the tag information. Thanks

Given the way our laws are enforced at times, it would be way better safe than possibly sorry. Giving a photo copy of the papers is a very thoughtful and simple way to avoid any difficulty and it should make the recipient mindful of the consideration shown.

Here, we can fish our own waters without lisc. but guests must comply with all game and fish laws regarding species, size, number.

Willd deer are property of the state (shades of Robin Hood and the King's deer) and a lisc is required to take one on your own land. Migratory water fowl, of course, are not free for the taking either.

There are possession limits, in excess of daily bag limits, that can get yuu in trouble if it came to light, wth some species. I suppose too much venison in the larder could be a problem if you haven't a legal way of proving how you got it.

We too are overpopulated with deer and need to harvest many more females to try to get back a ballance.

The toughest game laws that I ever personally knew about are in Alaska where the state can confiscate any and all property involved with the illegal act. This can include a guide's plane if you use it to transport illegal game. Likewise a motorhome if the frige has illegal game in it. Likewise your home, I'm told, if you have illegal game in the freezer. Those rules certainly got our attention.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat:
    North of 49 a lot of those laws apply. I'm well out of date but that only means I am not aware of how serious it can now be.

Egon

The sad part of the property confiscation acts is that by and large no crime need be proven, or even charged. There are some 200 + crimes that can now lead to property taking, you'll need to check your State as well as Federal laws. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    A man's likely to mind his own business, if it is worth mindin' - Eric Hoffer

HMMMM, you seem otherwise an intelligent and articulate person. Aren't familiar with the ever improving in popularity, "Guilt by Accusation?"

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"