Thread: Stanley Professional Grade Tools

Stanley Professional Grade Tools

Anyone have experience with these tools from Stanley? I was thinking about getting the 151 piece set via Amazon for $130. I'd be using them as a homeowner and not a professional. Currently, I have an eclectic collection of sockets and wrenches bouncing around in my tool box, mostly Craftsman. Having a complete set, in its own case is appealing. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Stanley Professional Grade Tools

They're probably fine tools Mike, I've got some Stanley carpentry tools which I love. I'd be concerned however, about replacements. Even as a "homeowner" you'll likely overuse mechanics tools on occasion. I'm still working out of a set of Craftsman hand tools that I started collecting 25 years ago. I've broken several ratchets and breakers over the years. Take them back to Sears and they never bat an eye, only point me to the correct aisle.

You mentioned having an eclectic collection. Could you spend the same money and complete that collection and add a spiffy new box of some sort?

One more thought, you'll find that the prepackaged tool kits are loaded with a lot of small things to bump the item count up. Used to be hacksaw blades, now it seems to be driver bits. They can add an extra 20 items to your kit for just a couple of bucks in cost to them [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

<font color="blue"> Could you spend the same money and complete that collection and add a spiffy new box of some sort? </font color>
    Good question. I'll stop by Sears and see what they have.

Might want to check your local Wally World first. Thought for sure I saw a set of those this afternoon.

Steve

Check Ebay for Stanleyworks. Might be surprised at what you find. Stanley on Ebay Or search for hand tools and find Craftsman and quite a few others.

I work as a mechanic at a tool rental place. My hand tools are about evenly divided between Stanley and Husky. I have no complaints with either.

I've looked at several brands of these socket sets in a box. Makes me furious they all have to throw in driver bits and a couple of open end wrenches. It's like storing shotgun shells in your tackle box. I'm looking for one around 100-pieces that is purely sockets, ratchets, and extensions in a tidy portable case that will fit inside a travelling mechanic's tool box that doesn't need to contain driver bits and already has an appropriate range of wrenches.