Thread: Gas fireplace adjustment

Gas fireplace adjustment

I have a 18k-26k BTU gas fireplace (propane). On it's lowest setting, it still gets too hot in the room after about 45 minutes. Is there any way to adjust these things so I can get a lower output? I have to turn it off after about 45 minutes or it gets too hot in the room, then turn it back on after about 30 minutes, etc. It has a remote with a thermostat that turns it on and off automatically, but I don't like to use it because I'm afraid I'll forget and leave it on when I'm not home, plus I'd rather just have it on a lower setting all the time rather than have it kick on and off. So, I'd like to have a lower output so it can just stay on when I'm using it.

Re: Gas fireplace adjustment

2 thoughts came to my mind because I have a smiliar (though not as pronounced) situation.

We turn our ceiling fan on, we also turn the fireplace to "idle" as I call it (small flame) and only turn it up if we come home on a bitterly cold night and need it to warm up quickly.

The other thing I've taken to do is turn the main furnace OFF but to then turn the furnace fan ON which will help circulate the air between the first floor and my basement. My thermostat for furnace is on same floor as fireplace, so as it makes it toasty on 1st floor, the furnace is off and downstairs can get colder. I figure I'll put some of the warm air down there and bring some of the cold air up to where I am & mix it all up. Of course later on after I've turned the fireplace off I get to freezing my toes off because I've usually also forgotten to turn the furnace back on. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] (I of course never admit that to the wife [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )

That's what we've done/do.

Richard