Thread: Iron Filter

Iron Filter

Our well water is pretty good except excessive iron content. My wife wants filter for it, says it will ruin clothing and other bad things.

What is the best thing to do, where do I go?

Re: Iron Filter

I would check this site:
    http://www.ohio-water-purifiers.com/index.html

I bought my softener from them. You might also check Sears but the expertise in the store is usually pretty slim. They might have a cartridge filter, I'm not sure. If you have a softener, then you can use a salt called "Iron Out" that removes iron while softening. Before you do anything you should test your water so you know what the problem(s) is (are). You can get test kits from Ohio Water above, Lowes, and probably Sears. Sears used to test your water for free but I'm not sure iron content was part of test.

Re: Iron Filter

I got a test kit at Home Depot. Once I got the results I bought my water softener and filter unit from the above place (Ohio Pure Water.com).

Before I bought it, I emailed and called them with several questions and called with questions after I installed it. They are very helpful and I recommend them.

P.S. They send your order to you UPS. I placed my order at 6 am on Monday morning and the UPS truck showed up at 2 pm on Tuesday. Top notch service! [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]