Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: maryland state wants to ban pitbulls

Re: maryland state wants to ban pitbulls

<font color="blue">"Neither you, nor I, nor the news media can check the hospital records, so maybe you mean some other records, like her publicly listed condition." </font color>
    Don't bet on it! I already did.
    <font color="blue">"If you have an article that lists her in "serious but stable condition," please provide a link to it and I will retract my statement that you exaggerated the attack."
    </font color> I can not release that info to you for security reasons.
    <font color="blue">"Am I in the minority who do not support heftier fines and registration fees? (But, if I am the minority here, why aren't there heftier fines and registration fees since legislation is apparently so straightforward in this country that the majority just makes the laws as it sees fit?) Or, am I in the minority of people who think pit bulls just have a bad reputation?" </font color> Both. Check the responses in this thread alone. The overwhelming majority do not share your opinion.
    <font color="blue">"It is a common mistake to assume that one's own experience constitutes the typical experience. I hope, even though you state it explicitly, that you are not really suggesting that you have seen firsthand where, how and by whom the majority of pitbulls are kept." </font color>
    No assumptions at all. I've worked all sides of town. I can count the number of pits on one hand that I have seen in middle to rich sides of town. 90% of the pit bulls that co-workers and I come across are in the "poorer" sections of town.
    My coworkers work all sides of town. Our Medic and Fire Dept. personnel work all sides of town. I don't even have to ask them. I already know their answers.
    <font color="blue">"This morning at 8:45AM a young boy was attacked by a shepherd mix." </font color>
    The injury from that attack was not serious.
    The average injury from the majority of dogs are not serious. The child also fell on top of the dog (which was laying down), the dog did not charge the child.
    The majority of pit bites are from the pit being the aggressor -- FACT!
    The average injury from a pit attack is serious. FACT!

I understand you wanting to defend that breed because of owning one. Do not, however, let that blind you to the facts.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

<font color="red"> Neither you, nor I, nor the news media can check the hospital records, so maybe you mean some other records, like her publicly listed condition."
    </font color>

<font color="blue">Don't bet on it! I already did. </font color>

It says a lot about your character that you are willing to publicly state that you are a criminal (not to mention the people who showed you the records). Or, if you are going to state that you somehow have legal access to the girl's medical records, then it says a lot about your character that you are willing to publicly state that you are totally and completely unethical. Or, maybe you are just full of it (see response to next two quotes).

<font color="red"> "If you have an article that lists her in "serious but stable condition," please provide a link to it and I will retract my statement that you exaggerated the attack." </font color>

<font color="blue"> I can not release that info to you for security reasons. </font color>

How convenient. Support for your "argument" is starting to smell like a pile of manure.

And to finally drive the point home that you blatantly provide totally false information as fact, please see this article , which I quote from below.

Quote from fivestring: <font color="blue">The injury from that attack was not serious. </font color>

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE: "Brandon was transported by Cleveland County EMS to Cleveland Regional Medical Center in Shelby with serious injuries . He was then airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte and is listed in critical condition ."

It is nice to know that you think a 7-year old boy's being in critical condition is not serious.

You also misstated how they think the attack happened. The child did not fall ON the dog. The child tripped and fell in front of the dog.

I think it is definitely time to close this thread.

<font color="red">"It says a lot about your character that you are willing to publicly state that you are a criminal (not to mention the people who showed you the records). Or, if you are going to state that you somehow have legal access to the girl's medical records, then it says a lot about your character that you are willing to publicly state that you are totally and completely unethical." </font color>
    Nothing unethical or illegal.
    Nothing that was not a matter of public record was released.
    Nothing released that would impede the investigation.

<font color="red">"QUOTE FROM ARTICLE: "Brandon was transported by Cleveland County EMS to Cleveland Regional Medical Center in Shelby with serious injuries . He was then airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte and is listed in critical condition ."
    It is nice to know that you think a 7-year old boy's being in critical condition is not serious." </font color>
    Cleveland county is two counties away from Charlotte.

<font color="red">"You also misstated how they think the attack happened. The child did not fall ON the dog. The child tripped and fell in front of the dog." </font color>
    If you are going to comment on Charlotte news, you should WATCH Charlotte news. The kids that were playing with the boy told different stories: one - he fell on the dog; two - he slid into the dog. The dog's owner also stated both versions on TV.

Again, don't let your ownership of such a breed blind blind you to the facts.
    That breed has a bad history.
    That breed will probably always be on the dangerous dog lists throughout our country.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills

I think everybody's had their say here.

Time to move on...