Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: maryland state wants to ban pitbulls

Re: maryland state wants to ban pitbulls

In the current news a grandmother put her 16 month old grandchild on the floor to play with the family pitbull. The pitbull killed the infant and bit off the grandmother's finger when she attempted to save the child. Nothing to worry about, though.

RonL

Ron, I get the impression that your opinion of pit bulls might be about like my own. I can see no more reason for anyone owning a pit bull than I can see for them to own a lion or tiger. And of course any animal can be trained to be safe, right? Just ask Sigfeid and Roy. And the same is true of pit bulls.

Bird, Bird, Bird, what happened to your detached layed back PC demeanor. You are treading on the fabric of America by attacking the relaltionship of a boy and his dog. Ever see the movie, "A Boy and His Dog" a post apocaliptic tale ending in the boy and his dog eating a female companion.

Next thing we know you will take a stand against personal nuclear arsenals, personal stockpiles of chemical and biological warfare agents. This is America! Why shouldn't you be able to exercise free speach in a crowded public forum by shouting fire!

Why shouldn't someone be allowed to freely move among us at will or to otherwise interface with the public with a dog expressly bred to kill? After all "that particular dog" may not have ever attacked anyone, yet. That particular atom bomb has never exploded before so why not allow me to carry it around ?

Just what is it about folks enjoying personal freedom that you don't like?

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Satire?

Egon

why is no one asking why on earth anyone would put their infant grandchild on the floor to play with any dog? have you guys lost your common sense? i think everyone expects all creatures to cowtow to humans. wasnts anyone taught that you dont look a dog in the eyes? i realize that we created pitbulls to fight. i also know that infants automaticly look into the eyes of those around it to make a connection. this is going to add to trouble with any breed. growing up my best friend got 24 stitches from a black lab....oh my the most friendly dog mauled a human....it happens. all he did was look at it.

i also know that there are many different lines of pit bulls, just like there are many different lines of labs. have you guys delt with hunting labs alot? most of the strictly hunting dogs i have delt with are not friendly and i would not let them near my kids unattended.....i would not let any dog near my kids unattended.

you guys have to think about what you are doing to your kids, not just what evil animal you are afraid of.

on another note this bill was not passed in maryland because it was too breed specific.

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Exactly kokopelli! True post.

Not sure what side of the fence the satirical post is sitting on... I read it two ways, but why stop at nuclear weapons? Maybe no person should own any type of weapon. Maybe we should give up our right to keep and bear arms, too. I'm not an anthropologist, but I would bet money that the first stone cutting tools were not created to trim the fat off of one's meat or butter some bread. Maybe nobody should own a knife either. After all these too are accidents waiting to happen.

Pit Bulls were NOT created to attack man. Thay were bred to fight each other, to be dog aggressive and that's a fact. Any well bred pit type dog has to be able to be handled a lot and not always by its owner. They have attained a bad image due to people's irresponsibilty in owning them and the breed being too numerous and easy to obtain at a low price, thus becoming the dog of choice for "ghetto types". This is also the reason the breedings are so poor and this has happened to many other breeds of dogs.
    I know one kennel owner that will not board any Golden Retrievers that come from her area. She has been bitten by them one too many times.

In Maryland in 2002 a Dachshund ate through a baby's crib and mauled a 6 week old boy. By some of the reasoning I have read this is obviously the dog's fault, right?

I am dead set against breed racism. Any type of laws promoting this will only do the same as government imposed gun laws. It will keep honest people from owning them and do nothing to stop the others.

I'm so happy to see that someone has done thier homework!!!! It's a fact that pitbulls had to be human freindly in order to fight. Before each fight the handlers were to wash eachother's dogs to make sure no poisons were on the dogs coat and if a pitbull was agressive towards humans in the fighting industry it was put to sleep. Every one talks about how pitbulls were bred to kill but people should make sure of what they were bred to kill. Any animal has it within them to be destructive and even kill. Humans, dogs, cats, it does not matter. The best way to handle the situation is to be responsible because if we left it up to banning nothing would be legal!
    -Kri

Re: maryland state wants to ban pitbulls *DELETED*

Post deleted by Kri